On Sunday, the Yorktel sponsored NO.1 car driven by Kurt Busch won 1st place in the South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The win advances the NO.1 car into the next round of the playoffs and will head to Talladega Superspeedway next week for the YellaWood 500 on Sunday, Oct. 4.
Watch a clip from the interview after the big win – spoiler alert, he mentions Yorktel and our sister company, Caregility:
Results (with starting pos.)
P1 (9) Kurt Busch, No. 1 Monster Energy Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
P2 (19) Matt DiBenedetto, No. 21 Ford
P18 (20) Matt Kenseth, No. 42 McDonald’s Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Details of the Day
- The win is Busch’s first at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and came in his 22nd start at his hometown track
- Tonight’s race was the first race in the second round of the NASCAR Playoffs, and with the win, Busch automatically advances to the Round of 8
- Busch claims his 32nd victory in the NASCAR Cup Series, tying NASCAR Hall of Fame driver Dale Jarrett for 26th on the all-time wins list
- Busch’s previous best finish in Las Vegas was third back in 2005
- Tonight was Busch’s second victory with Chip Ganassi Racing
- The caution flag was shown seven times for a total of 36 laps
- The lead changed 20 times among 11 drivers
Kurt Busch, No. 1 Monster Energy Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE – “This is what kids dream of when they grow up racing. You dream of winning at your hometown track. And for two decades it’s kicked my butt. And tonight, with this Monster Energy Chevy, I’m in awe. I knew the race would come to us. We needed to get to nightfall and one of those quirky Matt McCall (crew chief) pit sequences finally unfolded. We got lucky. You’ve got to be lucky in any race, but we did it tonight with teamwork and pulling through and just not giving up.
“This is Vegas and I miss the fans. I miss them so much. My dad and my mom, they were there every day at the track pushing. And Brexton, my nephew, won last night. Those thoughts were running through my head because my hometown is special. This Vegas place is special. So, thanks to Brendan Gaughan and South Point and everybody that makes this happen at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I couldn’t be happier.”
Let’s continue winning, together!
The Yorktel FamilyBack