Virtual Sitter for the Safety of High Risk Patients
Provide peace of mind for patients, families, and caregivers with an extra layer of care. The UnivagoHE iObserver provides continuous, 24/7 observation of at risk patients using an audio-visual solution to redirect patient activity or behavior, to help prevent falls and other adverse events. Patient observation programs provide continuous 1-on-1 visual monitoring of at-risk patients. This resource supports patient safety, reduces stress on nurses and lowers staffing costs.
UnivagoHE enables 24/7 remote video observation of up to 12 patients on a single screen, making it easier for clinicians to protect the safety of fall risk patients.
Step Down Units or Acute Rooms
90% of hospital beds are used for various degrees of Acute inpatient care, and as much as 10% of those patients are considered at-risk. UnivagoHE iObserver allows for additional clinician remote viewing of Acute or Step Down patients as an extra layer of clinical support. This frees up the ICU to care for only the most critically ill patients.
Patients at risk of harming themselves can be observed around the clock to help prevent actions that could prolong their stay or increase their need for additional care.
Univago HE iObserver Solution Overview
Included as an additional capability with the Univago HE platform, iObserver provides the ability to remotely observe up to 12 patient rooms on a single screen with full audio and video. Clinicians managing the remote observation can escalate directly to any one of the patient rooms three additional ways: 1-way audio, 2-way audio, and 2-way video/audio. That connection to the individual patient room is independent of any of the other rooms which remain in visual observation mode on the observation screen. Clinicians can also send notifications as either a sound played in the patient room or a text to personnel nearby to enter the patients’ room.
The Univago HE admin portal logs key data around patient observation including the start and stop of an observation session, the reason or profile of the patient being observed, the number of interventions (notifications, audio, or 2-way video) and the response time or duration of any interventions. That data can be exported into patient records and used for documentation and billing purposes. The data can also be gathered together into usage reports and analyzed for eectiveness of a patient observation program
- Establish patient profiles – including level of risk
- Dynamically size and arrange video screen tiles according to risk factors.
- Motion detection allows for closer scrutiny.
- One-click notification to intervene with a patient. Notification can be a sound in the room and/or a text message to clinicians nearby the patient room.
- One-click to speak into the room or listen into the room.
- One-click to escalate to a 2-way video session.
- Quick ad hov additions of clinicians into a 2-way video session with a patient room.
- Easy drop-down list to record reason for the notification or speaking into the room.
- High definition PTZ camera with night vision mode.
- Ability to transfer iObserver profiles, views and controls to another clinician during a break or change in shifts.
- Available as wall mounted or mobile cart systems.