How Amicus is Leveraging New Technology
Amicus Therapeutics is a global, patient-dedicated biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing, and delivering high-quality medicines for people living with rare metabolic diseases. Amicus is committed to pursuing novel treatments while maintaining a personal and compassionate focus on patients, their caregivers, and families.
This dedication to complex scientific medical innovation provided the perfect backdrop for Yorktel to act as a trusted strategic and technical adviser during Amicus’ technology undertaking – to develop a long-term strategy to move Amicus from their existing siloed UC solutions to a cohesive productivity solution with Microsoft Teams.
Some of the challenges Yorktel and Amicus faced included:
- Shifting the traditional mindset to embrace a more futuristic vision of productivity. Recognizing the emerging trend around the Future of Work and its impact on Unified Communications, Yorktel guided Amicus through a shift in mindset that would serve the organization and its patients both today and far into the future.
- Workarounds for No Microsoft Third-Party Audio. This divergence from integrated voice and audio created multi-faceted challenges, each unique to Amicus’ global location. Yorktel crafted several workarounds – each assessing the impact of location, geography, plus their understanding of data sovereignty and GDPR, to determine the correct approach for maximum productivity.
- Differing Rules and Requirements Across Locations. Because Amicus is a global company with several locations in different countries, they had to ensure its solutions were in keeping with each country’s own version of FCC regulations. The Yorktel team confirmed the appropriate technology choices on a location by location basis.
- Challenging Vendor Technology Selections. Yorktel’s in-depth industry knowledge of the full range of vendor technologies played a vital role in selecting which components to choose across Amicus’ solution.
- Overcoming an Abbreviated Timeline. Yorktel faced an extremely aggressive timeline set by Amicus. Fortunately, Yorktel was able to complete the project despite this challenge, on time and on budget.
A Successful Shift to Futuristic Thinking
This project was about more than shifting to innovative technology which would impact the client’s Future of Work and Digital Workplace Transformation. Amicus’ mission is to deliver the highest quality therapies for persons living with life-threatening conditions. Yorktel’s role was not only to serve as a trusted adviser and technical guru — it was to ensure that the Amicus team was shielded from the daily minutia of how to implement their vision across the shifting global landscape. The Amicus team was able to successfully replace their existing solution with little or no disruption to the client.
Read the entire Case Study here.