Yorktel Media Services to Produce National Memorial Day Parade TV Broadcast
American Veteran’s Center Honors Veterans From The American Revolution to Operation Iraqi Freedom
Eatontown, NJ (May 24, 2013) – Yorktel (@Yorktelcorp), the worldwide leader in video managed services and managed media, today announced that its award-winning media services team is producing the television broadcast production of the 2013 National Memorial Day Parade. The two-hour celebration originates from Washington DC, and honors veterans from the American Revolution to Operation Iraqi Freedom, and every major military conflict in between.
Included in the program are actors Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna, Miss America 2013 Mallory Hagan, country music star Trace Adkins, Wounded Warrior and Dancing with the Stars winner JR Martinez, Sam James from NBC’s The Voice, and American Idol winner, Taylor Hicks.
“It is truly an honor for Yorktel to support the American Veteran’s Center and to honor our nation’s veterans for their service to our country,” commented Mark Maxey, SVP, Yorktel Media Services. “This tribute is an historic occasion, which we are proud to bring to friends and family around the world who can join in the celebration.”
Yorktel’s 50 person broadcast production crew will provide all HD production, post-production and broadcast transmissions for the two-hour program. The show is broadcast live on The Pentagon Channel (TPC) and syndicated nationally across more than 100 stations, reaching more than 80 million television viewing households.
In addition, the broadcast will also be beamed worldwide on the American Forces Network (AFN) and streamed globally at http://www.military.com by the Defense Video & Imagery Distribution System (DVIDS).
Highlights of the 2013 National Memorial Day Parade broadcast include:
- A very special tribute those who have served and sacrificed from the American Revolution to our current generation of service members.
- A commemoration of the 70th anniversary of World War II, 60th anniversary of the Korean War, and 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War.
- A special salute to the legacy of the United States Army from 1775 to today, featuring distinguished Army veterans, The United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own,” and hundreds of U.S. Army and Army Reserve Soldiers.
- Thousands of veterans, marching bands, and musical performers all paying tribute to those who have sacrificed for our freedoms.
Participating in the parade broadcast are:
- J.R. Martinez – 2013 National Memorial Day Parade Grand Marshal. Actor, motivational speaker, radio host, Army veteran, and author of The New York Times Bestseller Full of Heart: My Story of Survival, Strength and Spirit. Wounded in Iraq in 2003, his inspiring story of recovery was featured in his championship run in Season 13 of ABC’s “Dancing With The Stars.”
- Robert Griffin III – Honorary Grand Marshal. Washington Redskins’ quarterback Robert Griffin III, and his parents, U.S. Army veterans Robert Griffin, Jr. and Jacqueline Griffin, in a special salute to Military families.
- Gary Sinise – Star of CSI New York. known for his role as Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump. Co-founder of Operation Iraqi Children, which helps Americans donate school supplies to Iraqi schools. His band, the Lt. Dan Band, has also played for American service members around the world.
- Trace Adkins – Grammy-nominated country artist, actor. Spokesman for the Wounded Warrior Project and the American Red Cross. He has performed on seven USO tours, and is among the most recognizable musical supporters of our military. He can currently be seen supporting the American Red Cross on NBC’s All-Star Celebrity Apprentice.
- Joe Mantegna – Tony Award-winning star of Glengarry Glen Ross and current lead in Criminal Minds on CBS. In 2004 was named Chairperson for the National Salute to Hospitalized Veterans by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Miss America 2013 Mallory Hagan. Native of Brooklyn, NY, Miss America 2013 Mallory Hagan is the National Goodwill Ambassador for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Her personal platform is promoting Stop it Now, an organization dedicated to prevention and protection from child sexual abuse.
- Taylor Hicks – More than 37 million viewers tuned-in as Taylor Hicks became the winner of American Idol: Season 5, making it one of the most-watched television events of the decade. His debut album would be certified Platinum, and he would go on to star in GREASE on Broadway and a residency at Bally’s Las Vegas.
- Sam James – From NBC’s “The Voice.” His introduction to “The Voice” audience was his unique vocal delivery of John Lennon’s timeless classic “Imagine,” compelling Maroon 5 Front-man Adam Levine to scoop up Sam for his team, saying “You need to be on the show – you’re that good… you have a fantastic voice and DEFINITELY deserve to be here.” The national audience took notice, too, spurring Sam’s iTunes single of “Imagine” to the #11 spot on the iTunes Rock Charts
More details can be found online at: http://www.nationalmemorialdayparade.com/
Yorktel, whose customers include federal, state and municipal organizations, as well as Fortune 500 enterprises, empowers customers to realize the full potential of next-generation video conferencing, media services and visual communications. Yorktel’s media services division, comprised of several EMMY award-winning crewmembers, has been honored with multiple TELLY Awards for outstanding broadcast, film and video productions.
Professional services, management and support expertise, coupled with proven best practices and cutting-edge technology, are the cornerstones of Yorktel’s approach to video managed services, and how Yorktel makes video work.
Yorktel is a leading global provider of video managed services for large enterprise and federal government customers. Founded in 1985 and headquartered in Eatontown, New Jersey, Yorktel enables customers to successful integrate video into their operations – from video conferencing to streaming, video event production to digital signage. Yorktel designs, integrates and manages enterprise-wide video communications solutions.